How can we help?
FAQs about Treatments
I’m keen to give something a try to address pain/ache/injury/stress/sleep/general well-being. Is it best to book Shiatsu or Thai massage?
- This is the most common question asked!
- The short answer is that the therapies are quite similar in many ways yet each one is unique, and often it comes down to individual preferences of what a person enjoys most!
- It could be that Thai attracts you because it is a longer session, very dynamic, and maybe you have an interest in the stretches for improving flexibility.
- Or it could be that Shiatsu attracts you because it is more Zen in style, calm yet still with aspects that are dynamic, and just an hour long.
How many sessions will I need?
- Depending on the problem it takes between one to four weekly sessions to see a noticeable improvement in well-being.
- Home-care/lifestyle tips are offered to help with self management in between sessions, and ongoing self care.
- Once the symptoms are resolved many people continue with a fortnightly or monthly session as a preventive measure, or part of lifestyle management.
FAQs about Courses
I’d like to attend a course, do I need to have any prior qualifications?
- All courses are suitable for complete beginners unless otherwise specified, so come along and give it a try!
- Some of our courses are accredited with FHT as Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for professional therapists but you can still attend if you’re a beginner.
- Don’t worry about keeping up – many qualified massage therapists are completely new to this unique way of working in the traditional Eastern style so beginners and professionals tend to keep up on a par with each other.
Who is the Thai Yoga Massage Diploma suitable for?
- The TYM Dip course (as we affectionately call it), is suitable for complete beginners and professional therapists alike.
- It is popular with Yoga or fitness teachers
- Also professionals who have trained in Western style of massage or beauty therapy and are curious to make a change or add a skill.
For more FAQs on TYM Dip please go to the course page here and scroll to the bottom.