During COVID 19 Social distancing I am providing One to One Online sessions which can take two forms:
- Online in person session which involves a consultation, self Shiatsu techniques incorporating Acupoints, Meridian exercises, Mindfulness and guided visualisation and further self care care recommendations, which can be emailed to you with any useful links etc. Please book as normal and your therapist will get in touch about which online video platform you prefer. Book an Appointment
- Distance Shiatsu Healing Session. We make the appointment but we’re not in contact by phone or video during the session because you are resting and receiving and I am doing the Shiatsu diagnosis, and treatment, followed by assessment. I’ll send instructions beforehand, and afterwards I’ll send my observations from the session and any useful and recommendations and information for you. Book an Appointment
- Couples birth preparation session online: introduces the pregnant woman and her birth partner/s to skills for creating a positive and supported birth experience. Labour positions, acupoints and shiatsu techniques which are simple to learn and easy to use both in hospital and at home.
Fertility & Pregnancy – Shiatsu is a form of Japanese Acupressure which has been used to support women’s reproductive health for thousands of years. At conception and during pregnancy a woman’s deeper reservoirs of energy are drawn upon to prepare her body to support her growing baby. Shiatsu enhances the flow of this energy, promoting fertility, benefiting all stages of pregnancy, contributing to a positive birth experience and on through to post natal and baby treatment.
Treatments are valuable throughout the childbearing year. Shiatsu can help support women with management of common difficulties such as:
• Pelvic girdle pain & instability (SPD)
• Sacral, Pelvic & uterine asymmetry
• Back Pain
• Breech position
• Nausea & acid reflux
• morning sickness
• restless legs & fatigue
• Overdue labour
• Problems conceiving
• Problems carrying to term
• Recovery after miscarriage
• Post-natal recovery
Lucy offers a combination of treatments as required in each individual circumstance. Drawing from her skills in Shiatsu, Massage, Myofascial Release, Moxibustion, Yoga, Mindfulness, and Visualisation. She is very aware that as well as physical relaxation and an optimum position for the baby, mental relaxation and confidence in ourselves are very important factors for promoting a natural and enjoyable pregnancy , labour, birth and postnatal bonding. During sessions she uses mindfulness and visualisation with women (and their partners) where appropriate. She is also specialised in post natal recovery and birth trauma recovery techniques.
Treatments are 1 hour £48
“After treatment with Lucy my son turned from breach position and I was able to have a beautiful, natural birth” Thea & Ranolf (pictured below)
Lucy Trend offers specialist massage, Shiatsu, birth support services and classes for pregnancy, fertility, post natal and baby in Glasgow. She is a doula (trained with Michel Odent and Lillian Lamers) and a trained Well Mother teacher, also offering post graduate training courses for Midwives, Doulas, OBGs, and Shiatsu & Massage therapists in Massage, Shiatsu and Moxibustion . She is active in the Positive Birth movement.
Lucy is available as a doula birth partner. She studied Shiatsu for pregnancy and childbirth with Susanne Yates in Bristol and has experience of supporting women in labour as a doula and as a Shiatsu practitioner both in hospital and in their own environment. She has also attended doula training with Michel Odent & Liliana Lamers (of Paramana Doula).
Shiatsu for Babies – One on one session or group workshop
You will learn simple yet effective Shiatsu massage techniques to include in baby’s daily routine, tailored to your child’s needs. Suitable from birth, best before your baby crawls! Please contact for details.
Professional Training Courses: are you a professional birth worker, or a Massage therapist, or a Shiatsu therapist? Wellmother run training courses for you in Scotland and Worldwide! Click here for further information.